2010/05/06

Nicolas Boidevezi (719 – Groupe GDE), his first words in Gijon...

"I am just falling apart right now… This first leg was extreme! It started very badly when I lost my halyard in the mast after the mark. I was very upset! There was this quite strong North stream when we left the sluice. You needed to have a strong stomach! It was a crazy never-ending tack… The wind... It blew at 28 knots… I gave all I had until I decided to change my course. I had my small spinnaker all the time. I was confident because of the experience I had from last year, so I gave it all. On the other hand, I was over-confident with the forecast and I ended in the West out of the course. And I had to tack and tack since 8 am this morning under the cliff… It was a little hard for my nerves but still… I’m happy. Happy because it was difficult for me in the beginning and the beginning of the season was hard too… I was not feeling great. And now I do!”