2010/05/13

Thomas Normand, 2nd proto of the second leg and 2nd of the Mini Pavois

Thomas Normand (787 - Financière de l'Échiqiuer): "My feeling about that race is that  I feel super comfortable on this boat. She is brand new and I feel good .. She  and I were  shoved near the Gironde and it was not easy to handle... But I did my best to properly manage my efforts and I am glad. I managed to pull out all the stops when  it was necessary, I am satisfied. The first night has been quite complicated to go, with two fronts. This was very tactical... And the second half of the race when we thought it would be simple, there were moves to try  especially around Belle-Ile. That's where, I think, we dug the gap with the others. For me, we had done three quarters of the race at the mark but not at all! I accomplished what I came for, I wanted to do my best on this Mini Pavois and suddenly I'm so happy. Especially with a brand new boat ... Good start for the season!"